29. Comparison is the thief of joy: when an experienced, highly educated professional is better than you
Fiona hones her technical skills by struggling through a big video project, experiences severe blog-writer’s-block, and attempts to become an indie-sad-girl-singer-songwriter: how hard could it be? Jess struggles with some life drawing and worries about becoming a painter who doesn’t paint, and Fiona sets her straight. Both stand precariously on the line between inspiration and discouragement.
See pictures from this episode on Instagram @arthorsepod
Listen to extra episodes and join our Discord chat on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/arthorsepod
Tweet Fiona nonsense at @fionaofarthorse
Tell us about your art projects: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- "At the Moulin Rouge" by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
- Phoebe Bridgers - Moon Song
- "Men explain things to me" by Rebecca Solnit
- "The Golden Rules of Blogging" by Robin Houghton
- "How to Host a Virtual Art Party", our very first blog post.