- What if never solving your small problems (including “why me??”) protects you from moving on to more important/scarier problems?
- Using art/portraiture to cope with the weird, weird feeling of depersonalization (not recognizing yourself in the mirror)
- The unexpected and hitherto unappreciated advantages of the 9-5
- Building a vocabulary of marks might come in handy when you’re trying to let r rip in the future
- We always say “make lots of art, even if it’s shit!” but... what if shit art makes you **feel** like shit?
- Emily Powell: https://www.instagram.com/emilypowellstudio/
- Lynda Barry’s Making Comics: https://www.vox.com/culture/2020/1/8/21024723/lynda-barry-interview-making-comics-book
- Drawing Worlds workshop, hosted by the Believer Magazine: https://believermag.com/logger/drawing-worlds/
- Jeff Tweedy wants you to be bad at something (Ezra Klein Podcast): https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/02/opinion/ezra-klein-podcast-jeff-tweedy.html