82. Andrea Holmes Part 1: How to Grow as an Artist
Andrea is a Muralist, Fairy Art Mother, and Bird Lady in McKinney, Texas. You can find her on Instagram @aholmesartstudio, on her website aholmesartstudio.com, by email at email@example.com, or eavesdropping near one of her many downtown murals.
How to grow your career as an artist:
- Follow jealous feelins and connect with artists on the path you want to walk
- Show up to the easel, to the festivals, to the internet, to the places people are looking for art
- Find the next stepping stone and leap to it, over and over
- Don't be afraid to lean on someone (roommate, partner, parents) or get a non-art job if it means that you get to be an artist and make art
Also: brightening someone's day is important work. And if you want to paint murals? Find a wall and get the paint!
Want some art community? Join the art club at patreon.com/arthorsepod, where we're cheering for you and your big juicy creative dreams. Find Art Horse on Instagram @arthorsepod. Ask Jess ANYTHING at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Andrea's murals (scroll down to see the 100 foot long 'Texas Sol'): https://www.aholmesartstudio.com/murals
- Andrea's episode of The Spiritual Artist with Chris Miller: https://thespiritualartistpodcast.buzzsprout.com/1003012/9304299
- Guido Van Helten, HUGE MURALS: https://www.guidovanhelten.com/
- Julia Cameron
- Lisa Congdon