A post-summer update! On starting to feel like a Real Painter, making your own clothes hitting the spot as art supply collection, and carving out space in community.
- The Scrooge movie, "A Christmas Carol"
- A book, "Landscape Painting: Essential Concepts and Techniques for Plein Air and Studio Practice" by Mitchell Albala, damn. Look for it at your local library.
- Mel Gausden at the Bau-Xi gallery, listing studies and sketches alongside finished pieces: https://bau-xi.com/collections/mel-gausden (and when I say "affordable" I mean..... more affordable haha 😅)
- "Stabilized Sheer Tricot" or "Sheer Cup Lining"
- "As much as we pay respect to our initial inspiration, and try to capture a particular moment of light, the color within the painting ultimately answers only to itself, not the world that inspired it." - Mitchell Albala